These deliciously healthy, high protein, high fiber, low carb meals will keep you full and satisfied. Fill half your plate with vegetables, include about 3 to 4 ounces of lean protein, and make a quarter of your plate whole grains. Try to use a smaller dinner plate or bowl to keep your portion sizes in check. Enjoy!
SOUTHWEST VEGGIE DELIGHT
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- ½ cup canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- ¼ cup of pico de gallo
- ½ sliced bell pepper
- ¼ cup reduced fat shredded cheddar
- ¼ of an avocado, sliced
- squeeze of fresh lime
- Mix rice, black beans, and pico de gallo together.
- Top with cheese, avocado slices, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
408 calories, 70 g carb, 19 g protein, 9 g fat
OPEN-FACED TUNA MELT
- 3 oz tuna, packet or canned in water
- 2 tbsp 2% fat plain greek yogurt (~1 oz)
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 slice reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 2 thin tomato slices
- 1 slice of 100% whole wheat bread, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine tuna, with with chopped carrots, celery, onion, yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly on toasted bread.
- Top with 2 slices of tomato and one slice of provolone cheese.
- Broil in oven for ~2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
361 calories, 29 g carb, 43 g protein, 8 g fat
SIMPLE CHICKEN (OR TOFU) STIR FRY
- 4 oz of grilled chicken breast or tofu, cubed (~1”)
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup snap peas
- 1 cup bell peppers, sliced
- ⅓ cup onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken or tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat or tofu begins to brown.
- Add veggies and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and continue to stir.
- Serve over brown rice.
478 calories, 48 g carb, 43 g protein, 13 g fat (with chicken)
427 calories, 50 g carb, 24 g protein, 16 g fat (with tofu)
*All nutrition information obtained from Calorie King.